Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HELP NEEDED - Invasion of the Egrets

Little did I know when I sculpted these bird-women last year that they would come to be  a reflection of things to come; invasion of these disgusting Egrets/Herons was just a season away...
Pardes Hanna, specifically the area known as the Wadi, has been taken over by a huge flock of these messy, nesting, noisy, smelly birds, which have moved into the pine trees just a stone throw from my life. Unfortunately, throwing stones at them endangers the passers by between my terrace and the trees and its a risk I am on the verge of taking!
The local authorities are at a loss as to how to solve this health hazard and environmental affliction, though from my research I know that cutting off the tree tops is a viable solution. Meantime passers by, parked cars me and everyone around the building I am in, are dealing with a mass of messy smelly droppings and I am about to go shopping for an air gun or a chain saw.
 Someone told me that they are a birdwatchers delight, right in the center of town. As photogenic as they might be, they are bringing my blood to boiling point and I am begging
for help to get rid of them. I know, there are helium balloons, ultrasonic sirens, nets, been to that website, read it and heard that these are ineffective.There is evidently no national organization that will deal with it - ANY IDEAS ANYONE????

1 comment:

HatulZahav.com said...

Hello, I'd like to invite you join to HatulZahav.com community. This site was created to help artists to publish and market their works. You don't need pay any fee for your ads or selling. Please sorry if I bothered you.