Thursday, February 11, 2010

Belonging


Everybody belongs. To someone, something, somewhere. We think of ourselves as free individuals but we have our comfort zone. Home. And most of us have a favourite chair. A "my seat".
I have a great tv armchair with an elevating foot support that has hardly ever been in front of a tv. Its my meditation station, my reading post, my knitting, chatting, coffee, staring into nothing chair. I also have a particular way of sitting in it. Its true the chair dictates it. I started thinking about how people buy and choose a chair. How they sit on them. When they sit that way. How they belong to a chair. Here are a few of the results. You are welcome to send me some pictures of how you sit in your chair.
Take a look at this link - Shani in the Knoll chairs. (dontsmilenow.com )
Who wouldnt want to belong to a Knoll chair?

No comments: