Monday, November 24, 2008

Bewildered by The New Israeli Anti Spam Law


Not that I won't be happy to stop deleting 100's of spam mails from my Gmail spam folder, and not that I won't be delighted if the odd mass marketing mail doesn't slip through into my Mac Mail program there to be marked in brown as spam. But somehow this is a little over the top I think.

In any case I have sent out my pre-law request for people to advise me if they would like to be removed from my list of Ceramic Art invitations and news, and some have, which is fine. But perhaps I was supposed to do it the other way around and ask people to let me know if they would like to stick around for more news. Some of my friends have told me to keep sending...

But would it be spam again if I send out another letter asking people to answer in the postitive and isnt it more likely that NO's will send in their cancellation requests?

And am I still abiding by the law then??

And Please if you are reading this, ask me to take you off before you sue me. I really am not spam. I am nothing like the stuff I get in my spam box. Oh and by the way, 99.9% of the spam I get doesn't come from local Israeli senders....how long is the long arm of the law??

Looking forward to seeing you at exhibitions and on my blog.

No comments: